MTPuTTY: Not just a Multi-tabbed PuTTY
I was looking for multi-tabbed PuTTY or a replacement for PuTTY with multi-tabbing capability when I came across MTPuTTY. I immediately started using it and let me tell you that it is great. It is not just about opening PuTTY sessions in multiple tabs in one window, but much more:
- You can open unlimited number of sessions in one window so your taskbar is not cluttered
- You can dock and tile windows. Place windows in different location on your screen under one windows
- You can detach a PuTTY tab and convert it as normal PuTTY window or reattach it
- You can automatically log in if you save your username/password
- Native Win32 code without relying on .NET or any other libraries
- Easily accessible list of servers on a sidebar, which can be relocated on the screen
- It is free of charge
I generally work remotely with Vi(m) and now I can easily place windows so that I get the IDE look and feel and not worry about splitting in vim and mucking around with resizing, etc.
You can download it from TTYPlus website.